Pressure cookers are amazing equipment, and they’re incredibly useful and practical for going camping with the family! Not only do they make cooking a breeze, but they’re also a great way to save space in your pack. For legit campers, getting the best pressure cooker for camping is a must.
The best pressure cooker for camping is the Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s a versatile cooker that can do just about anything, and it’s small enough to fit in your pack. It also has a built-in timer, so you can set it and forget it.
There are a lot of pressure cookers on the market, so it can be tough to know which one is right for you. To help you out, I’ve put together a list of the 4 best pressure cookers for camping. Keep reading to learn more!
1. Best Overall: Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
The Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker cooker deserves the top spot on this list for a few reasons. First, it’s an all-in-one cooker that can do just about everything. Not only can it pressure cook, but it also has functions for slow cooking, making yogurt, cooking rice, and more.
Second, the Instant Pot is straightforward to use. Even if you’ve never used a pressure cooker before, you’ll be able to figure this one out. The controls are straightforward, and there’s even a built-in cooking guide that walks you through each function step-by-step.
Finally, the Instant Pot is just a tremendous all-around cooker. It’s well-built, durable, and comes with everything you need to get started (including a steamer basket, a ladle, and a recipe book).
If you’re looking for the best overall pressure cooker for camping, the Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker is the way to go.
- Versatile. Instant Pot can act as a slow cooker, pressure cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, rice cooker, sauté/searing pan, steamer, and warmer. That’s a lot of functions for one appliance!
- Programmable. The Instant Pot Duo Plus has built-in smart programs that make cooking a breeze. Just select the program you want, and the cooker will do the rest.
- Easy to use. The Instant Pot Duo Plus is very user-friendly. The clear display panel and simple controls make it easy to navigate, even for first-time users.
- Only works on 110v outlets. This pressure cooker is only compatible with 110v outlets, so it won’t work if you’re camping in a country with 220v outlets.
- A loose condensation collector cup. Some users have reported that the condensation collector cup is a bit loose and can fall out easily.
- A hard-to-clean external rim. The external rim of the Instant Pot can be challenging to clean, as food and liquids can get trapped in the nooks and crannies.
2. Best Budget: Presto 01282 8-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker
If you’re looking for a pressure cooker that won’t break the bank, the Presto Pressure Cooker is a great option. It’s a simple cooker that does a great job at what it’s designed to do.
The Presto Pressure Cooker is made from durable aluminum and has a simple design that’s easy to use. The pressure cooker also comes with a few handy accessories, including a recipe book and rack.
One downside of the Presto Pressure Cooker is that it has no extra features or functions beyond pressure cooking. So, if you’re looking for a multi-purpose cooker, this one isn’t for you.
- Budget-friendly. This is an excellent option if you’re looking for an affordable pressure cooker that will still get the job done.
- Lightweight and portable. The Presto Pressure Cooker is made from aluminum, so it’s light and easy to transport.
- Simple design. This pressure cooker has a straightforward design that’s easy to use.
- Dishwasher safe. This pressure cooker is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- Lacks features. The Presto Pressure Cooker doesn’t have some of the bells and whistles that more expensive models have, such as a delay timer or automatic pressure release.
- The bottom bubbles out. Some users have found that the bottom of the Presto Pressure Cooker bubbles out when in use, making it difficult to clean.
- Manual operation. This pressure cooker must be operated manually, so it requires a little more effort to use.
- Non-electric. This pressure cooker is not electric, so it requires a stovetop.
3. Most Versatile: MasterChef Electric Pressure Cooker 10 in 1 Hot Pot
The MasterChef Electric Pressure Cooker 10 in 1 Hot Pot is a versatile and user-friendly pressure cooker perfect for cooking various dishes.
The pressure cooker can do it all–it can act as a slow cooker, a rice cooker, and a yogurt maker, among other functions. Besides, the clear display panel and simple controls make it easy to navigate, even for first-time users.
- Versatile. The MasterChef Electric Pressure Cooker 10 in 1 Hot Pot is a versatile appliance for pressure cooking, slow cooking, browning, and sautéing.
- Easy to use. This pressure cooker is straightforward to use. The digital display panel is user-friendly, and the appliance has a detailed instruction manual.
- Safety features. The MasterChef Electric Pressure Cooker 10 in 1 Hot Pot has several safety features, such as a pressure release valve and an auto shut-off function.
- Durable. This pressure cooker is made of high-quality stainless steel, which makes it durable and long-lasting.
- Affordable. The MasterChef Electric Pressure Cooker 10 in 1 Hot Pot is affordable, especially considering its features and performance.
- 110v only. This pressure cooker is only compatible with 110v outlets.
- The instruction manual is unclear. Some users have found the instruction manual unclear.
- It doesn’t come with a trivet. This pressure cooker doesn’t come with a trivet, so you’ll need to purchase one separately if you want to use it.
4. Best for Small Spaces: Instant Pot Duo Plus Mini 3 Quart
The Instant Pot Duo Plus Mini 3 Quart is an excellent option for campers who are tight on space.
The pressure cooker is compact and lightweight, making it easy to transport and store.
Despite its small size, the Instant Pot Duo Plus Mini 3 Quart still packs a punch. It can pressure cook, slow cook, steam, sauté, and more.
Besides, it features 15 customizable smart programs, so you can pressure cook with the push of a button.
- Compact and lightweight. The Instant Pot Duo Plus Mini 3 Quart is compact and lightweight, making it perfect for small spaces.
- User-friendly. This pressure cooker is very user-friendly. The 15 built-in smart programs make it easy to use, and the clear display panel makes it even easier to read and monitor the cooking process.
- Transparent lid. The pressure cooker has a transparent cover, so you can easily see what’s inside.
- Great price. This pressure cooker is affordable, especially considering its features.
- Unsuitable for large families or group camping. This pressure cooker is unsuitable for large families or groups. It can only accommodate up to 3 quarts of food.
- It may leak. Some users have reported that the pressure cooker leaks during use.
There you have it! These are the 4 best pressure cookers for camping. Be sure to consider your needs and preferences before making your purchase.
Remember, the best pressure cooker for you is the one that fits your budget and meets your needs. Happy cooking!