Top 6 Camping Toasters Available on Amazon!
Food preparation is probably one of the most complex activities when camping. You still want to enjoy your meals, but your electric gadgets may not be as helpful. Fortunately, thanks to the camping toaster, you can still enjoy your breakfast outdoors.
The best camping toaster is the Coghlan’s 504D Camp Stove Toaster. The rust-resistant wires allow you to toast four slices of bread simultaneously and fold back when you store the toaster, saving on space. The base plate is light, fits most stoves, and heats up quickly.
The rest of this article will discuss the best camping toasters, their features, and what makes them stand out.
Best Overall: Coghlan’s 504D Camp Stove Toaster
Affordability, space-saving, and durability are the features that stand out on the Coghlan’s 504D camp stove toaster (available on Amazon.com). This 9 x 9x ⅝ inches (22.86 x 22.86 x 1.59 cm) camp toaster only weighs 9.3 oz (264 g).
It heats up fast and toasts bread evenly. You can toast up to four slices simultaneously, making it a perfect solution for families camping. It has sturdy wires, which maintain a firm grip on the bread while it is toasting.
When storing, you can fold back the wires and transform the device into a regular 9-inch (22.86-cm) diameter plate-size toaster. It is made of stainless steel, so it’s easy to keep clean and rust-free.
- The plate-size toaster prevents heat loss while you toast.
- It is ideal for families because you can toast many slices within a short time.
- The wires firmly grip the bread. Your hands are free as the bread toasts, so you can prepare the rest of your breakfast while you wait.
- It is rust-resistant.
- The grip wires fold back, so the toaster doesn’t take much storage space.
- It is easy to clean.
- The price is excellent for a toaster that will serve you for years.
- The entire toaster is made of stainless steel. While this feature has its benefits, you can get burned easily if you accidentally touch it.
- It heats quickly, so your toast can burn easily within a short time.
Most Efficient: Camp A Toaster CT1
The Camp A Toaster CT1 (available on Amazon.com) has a space-saving, box-shaped design, measuring 9.1 (L) x 5.2 (W) x 2 (H) inches (23.11 x 13.2 x 5.08 cm). It only weighs 0.63 pounds (286 grams). It heats up quickly and toasts up to 2 slices simultaneously.
You can use this toaster on gas and electric stovetops. This toaster is versatile because you can toast bread, bagels, hamburger buns, and practically anything you may want to toast.
- It works faster than an electric toaster.
- Minimal risks of getting burnt since the bread slices sit flat on the toaster.
- When you preheat it before use, it toasts evenly.
- It heats up quickly, so the toast doesn’t dry out.
- The size is ideal for most camping stoves, whether they’re gas or electric.
- You can also use it over an open flame, but be careful—it heats up fast.
- It is larger than most camping toasters, so it takes up more storage space.
- You need to be keen because you can easily end up with burnt toast.
- You need to preheat it every time before use.
- Although it is made of stainless steel, some people have complained that it rusts when it comes into contact with water.
Most Compact: Chinook Plateau Folding Toaster
If you need a toaster that fits in your car camping box, then the compact Chinook Plateau Folding Toaster (available on Amazon.com) is what you need. It measures 7.5 x 6 x 0.5 inches (19.05 x 15.24 x 1.27 cm) and only weighs 6.4 oz (181 g). The device is made of stainless steel, and the design saves on space.
This toaster heats up quickly, and you need not worry about a windy morning—the wind does not phase this toaster. Although it only toasts one slice of bread at a time, you can quickly toast several slices, sometimes faster than other toasters designed for toasting multiple slices simultaneously.
- Small but efficient.
- Great build quality.
- It is made of durable stainless steel.
- It is multifunctional. Besides toasting bread, you can use it to heat some of your other foods.
- There will be a learning curve before you finally figure out the ideal temperature. Since it is tiny, the entire toaster heats up within a short time. You’ll have to adjust the temperature until you get it right.
- It toasts one slice at a time.
- It is too tiny for some gas stoves, so there is plenty of heat loss.
- If not set up correctly, it can easily fall into the heat source.
Most Versatile: Yoshikawa Atsu Sandwich Maker
This Yoshikawa Atsu Sandwich Maker is not your typical camping toaster. However, if you are looking for something you can use both at home and away, this is the appliance for you. It only weighs 12.35 oz (350 g), and measures 15.16 X 6.18 X 1.38 inches (38.5 x 15.7 x 3.5 cm).
When fully extended, it occupies more space than other camping toasters, but it lays flatter. It is also more versatile. You can use it to toast bread, grill your bacon and tomatoes, fry eggs, and much more.
You can separate the toaster’s pieces, which makes cleaning easier. Interestingly, you now have two pans at your disposal.
- It has a long handle, so you don’t have to be too close to the fire.
- It is non-stick.
- It cleans easily.
- You can stack your sandwich, and the cover will hold everything in place.
- It heats up quickly.
- The handle doesn’t heat up.
- It takes up a lot of space.
- When you separate the pans, it is sometimes difficult to put them back together.
- It costs more than the other camping toasters.
Most Practical: Yadnesh Non-stick Toaster
The Yadnesh non-stick toaster is arguably one of the camping toasters with the longest handles. As a result, backpackers may have an issue fitting it in their bags. The handles sticking out can also be an issue in the RV. However, you will be grateful for these long handles when using a campfire.
The toaster measures 15.5 x 5.6 x 1 inch (39.4 x 14.22 x 2.54 cm). The handle has a firm grip, and it allows you to toast your bread at a safe distance from the fire. The toaster heats up fast, and you can use it to toast your bread and even heat your entire sandwich.
- Easy to use.
- It is safe to use.
- You can use it over the campfire and fire pit.
- It takes up very little space.
- It conducts heat quickly.
- The handle is heat-insulated.
- It works great when camping with a vehicle, but it may not be ideal for backpacking.
- It is sometimes challenging to flip open.
Most Convenient: EZYoutdoor Folding Camp Stove Toaster
The EZYoutdoor folding camp stove toaster (available on Amazon.com) is compact and multifunctional. You can use it to toast bread, heat tortillas, and even bake cookies. You can creatively use the toaster to prepare as many meals as possible. It has a folding design that holds four slices of bread.
The device only weighs 5.3 oz (150 g) and is suitable for home and outdoor camping. You can use it on a gas or electric stove and open fire stoves. It is rust-free and easy to clean.
- It is durable.
- It toasts bread evenly and effortlessly.
- It heats up quickly, and the temperature spreads evenly.
- The design saves storage space.
- The wide base plate fits on stoves of different sizes.
- The plate is multifunctional. You can even use it to grill fish and warm your dry foods.
- Over time, the steel discolors from exposure to heat.
- It takes a bit of time for the toast to turn brown.
A camping toaster is a must-have if you spend a lot of time outdoors. Even if you only camp occasionally, you can still use it at home when toasting bread over your gas or electric stove. Some toasters are so versatile that you get multiple “cooking items” for the price of one toaster.