Top 3 Griddles For Camping Available On Amazon
Cooking your food outside is one of the most significant aspects of camping. Many like to cook over an open flame and while this sounds great in theory, it is more challenging than most people anticipate. This is why gas-powered portable griddles have become increasingly popular.
The best camping griddle is the Blackstone Tabletop Griddle. This griddle is portable but still has enough surface area to prepare most meals. It also features two burners that run extremely hot and a grease trap for easy cleanup.
Below I’ll provide details about the Blackstone Tabletop Griddle as well as a few others, going into detail about their strengths, weaknesses and everything else a prospective customer might want to know. Keep reading to find out more!
This flat-top griddle is Amazon’s best-selling, with a 5-star rating from customers and over six thousand reviews. Blackstone is a well-known name in the grilling industry, and they make high-quality products.
Blackstone’s flat-top portable camping griddle is another example of the high quality of their products. It has various features and options when ordering one, which I’ll go into detail about below.
- It is only 22 inches (56 centimeters) wide, making it an extremely portable option in terms of actual size.
- Its small size doesn’t sacrifice cooking surface area for portability, though. It has nearly 340 square inches (0.22 square meters) of cooking space.
- It has two H-shaped, knob-controlled burners rated at 24,000 BTUs, which is an impressive amount of quick heat distribution for a griddle that size.
- It is available with or without a hood. So if you need to, you can protect your food from the elements or even some of nature’s creatures trying to snatch an easy snack.
- There is also an option for a fuel hose and regulator to give you even more control over the griddle’s heat.
- One of the best options offered for this griddle is the carrying case, which makes carrying the heavy griddle a lot easier.
- It also has a grease trap that makes cleaning up after cooking greasy food a lot easier to do.
- One of the drawbacks is that this is one of the more expensive griddles on this list. But it is a high-quality product from a reputable name in the grilling industry.
- It weighs 32 pounds (14.5 kilograms), which could make carrying it long distances a daunting task.
This Royal Gourmet griddle, available on Amazon, allows you to do some heavy-duty cooking while still retaining portability. If you have a large family, this griddle will be able to fit enough food for everyone, and it will heat up quickly. This griddle packs a lot of power into a small package.
- This griddle is 24 inches (61 centimeters) wide, making it one of the largest griddles on this list. However, it still retains its portability despite its size.
- Despite its large size, it only weighs 20 pounds (9 kilograms). So carrying it around isn’t something that will tire you out.
- It has a huge cooking surface area making this portable griddle an excellent option for large families.
- As I said above, this griddle is powerful for its size. It has 25,500 BTUs, meaning it gets very hot, very fast.
- This griddle has three separate burners controlled by knobs so you can cook at different temperatures on different cooking surface areas.
- It comes with a hose adapter for alternative fuel sources and a convenient carrying case.
- This griddle also features a grease trap that makes for effortless clean-up after cooking things like bacon or beef.
- This griddle is also among the more affordable options on the list despite being one of the larger and most powerful griddles.
- It needs to be assembled, but according to the manufacturer, the assembly is quick and easy. Or you can pay a little more on Amazon and have it pre-assembled by experts before it is shipped.
This is the most portable griddle from Amazon on this list. It is tiny, making it easy to set up and break down. Despite its small size, it still boasts plenty of heating power and cooking surface area.
- This griddle is only 19 inches (48 centimeters) wide, making it one of the smallest portable griddles available.
- Despite its size, it still has 285 square inches (0.18 square meters) of cooking surface area, which is plenty if you’re only cooking for yourself or a few people.
- It comes with a built-in hose for a 20-pound or nine-kilogram fuel tank.
- This griddle has two burners, both controlled by two stainless steel knobs.
- This is a heavier griddle. Weighing in at 30 pounds (13.6 kilograms), it can be cumbersome to carry even though it is small in size.
- The burners are capable of 20,000 BTU, which isn’t bad, but there are similarly sized griddles with more heating power.
- This griddle is also one of the higher-priced grills on this list. While it is the most portable while still delivering a good amount of heating power, the price might not be justified for some, especially given that it doesn’t have an option for a hood.
- You would also need to buy a carrying case for the griddle since one is not included.
For those of you who prefer the extra flavor provided by cooking over an open flame instead of gas, there is a portable grill option for you as well. This grill folds into a small package and is the lightest grill on this list.
- This grill is 23 inches (58 centimeters) wide but is also 166 inches (422 centimeters) long.
- Though it is a bit longer than the other griddles on this list, it makes up for its weight.
- This grill is better than most of the competition in terms of weight. It is only about 6 pounds (3 kilograms), making it extremely easy to carry.
- It uses charcoal or wood so there’s no need for hoses and adapters.
- The grill folds up, providing extra portability to a grill that already weighs almost nothing.
- Because you can cook over an open flame on this grill, you can still get a smoked taste and grill marks on your food in a very light and portable package.
- In addition to being the lightest grill on this list, this is the most affordable option.
- While you would think the long length of this grill would provide more cooking surface area, it does not necessarily do so. However, your mileage may differ depending on your cooking preference. Foods that can fit lengthwise will be easier to cook than others that require surface area on both axes.
- The grill only has 156 square inches or 0.1 square meters of cooking surface, one of the lowest numbers in terms of cooking space on this list.
Regarding camping, the portability of your equipment is of great importance. If your gear is cumbersome and you have to hike a long distance to get to your campsite, that could ruin the entire experience.
This is why getting a portable way to cook your food is such an important step when planning your next adventure into nature.
Above, I’ve listed the best, most portable, and heat-efficient griddles on the market. Most of them are gas-powered models, but I’ve also included a portable option that uses charcoal or wood for those who have to have that open flame.